Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hockey and Blessings(Tyler Kennedy) Chapter 4

I knew that I should tell Tyler that I was having his baby but I no longer knew how to get in touch with him. Sid asked me who the dad was but I just couldn’t tell him. I knew that he would do everything in his power to track Tyler down and I didn’t want to make Tyler give up his dream. Though I was scared to become a single mom I knew that I was never alone. I had Sid, Brooks, Mario and his wife Nathalie in Pittsburgh and I had Marc-Andre and Army out in Wilkes-Barre. They all made sure that I knew I could ask them for anything.

Sid was there for me more than anyone else and the gesture went both ways. When he was upset about a game he knew he was always welcome at my place where he could get a home-cooked meal and a nice big hug. In return he would rub my back and stomach and pick up any cravings that I may have. He had become my number one speed dial.

In fact one night in the middle of December I decided to tell him everything. I told him about meeting Tyler and how he had protected me. I told him about us becoming best friends and then me sleeping with him before we went our separate ways. I told him why I didn’t want to tell anyone about Tyler being the father because I had no way to contact him. Sid just pulled me to him because I had burst into tears while talking about it. He let me cry and eventually I fell asleep head on his chest.

Over the next few months my stomach grew bigger and bigger. It got to the point that I couldn’t bend over or walk easily. When Colby got called up I had even more people there to take care of me. Colby, Sid, and Brooks took turns staying with me in my apartment so that I wouldn’t be alone, and when they were on a road trip I would stay with Mario and Nathalie and Nat and I would go shopping Sid’s treat. He was literally the best friend a girl could have. I may have been carrying Tyler Kennedy’s baby but I was doing just fine with the help of some amazing friends.

No comments: