Sunday, April 26, 2009

Who Says Boys are better? (Sidney Crosby) Oct. 6-7, 2008

October 6, 2008

I was sitting on a plane back to Pittsburgh, talking to Sid.

M: Did I mention I hate flying.

He just laughed at me.

S: Seriously…”

He opened his carryon and pulled out a tiny bottle. He slid a pill into my hand.

S: Ginger pills, trust me they help.

I grabbed my water bottle and swallowed the pill.

M: Thanks.

Oh, you want to know how my first game went. Ok, well let’s just say…it was AMAZING!! I had a blast and Sid is awesome. We won both our games. Sid scored 5 goals total with me assisting on all of them. I didn’t score but that was on purpose. I want my first goal to be in the Mellon so Sid said we’d make that happen.

October 7, 2008

He shoots and scores! Sorry, correction: SHE shoots and scores! My first goal! Oh and it came maybe 20 seconds into the first period. Sidney won the opening faceoff and passed the puck to me. We skated into the offensive zone together as I passed the puck back to him. He skated past the defense and behind the net. I slid to the crease and received the puck that he sent up over the top of the net. Quickly I slid the puck into the top left corner. I just smiled as Sid pulled me into a hug and I listened to the crowd go wild.

Announcer: Penguins goal scored by # 78 Melissa Norris. Goal by #78 Melissa Norris at 19.7 seconds. Assisted by #87 Sidney Crosby.

Sitting on the bench everyone congratulated me. After the game which we won 5-2 we all decided to go clubbing. Finishing my interviews I went back to the shower to change. Instead of my pants I decided to wear my dark pink dress. It was just a tad bit flirty. I reapplied my makeup and pulled my hair back so it was half-up half-down. Most of the guys had already left and those that hadn’t were in interviews or showering.

S: Wow, Mel, you look amazing.

Shocked to hear his voice I spun around.

S: Oh come on, don’t even try to deny it. You flat out look hot.

He was whispering in my ear, his voice slightly husky.

After that let’s just say the rest of the night was awkward. I think Sid was flirting with me. I’m not sure though, I’ve never had a guy think I was hot. I was always known as being too smart or being too much of a tomboy for playing hockey. Argggghhh. I’m so confused right now. I mean is the flirting serious or just for fun. Does he actually like me or just wants someone who’s easy. Seriously I need to know.

No comments: