Monday, March 2, 2009

(Colin Wilson)Fate-Part One

Fate.

Many say that it doesn’t exist I tend to disagree. I am one of those few people who believe in ‘love at first sight’. Well maybe not love but there was something there the first time I saw him. What it was I wasn’t quite sure. The first time I saw him play was during the 2009 World Juniors and I must admit I couldn’t take my off of him. I didn’t even know what he looked like at the time but WOW. He was everywhere the puck was and more. I didn’t even care about the score I could only think about this boy. The only thing I knew about him was his last name. Wilson.

I planned on watching the semi-finals just so that I could see him play again. Unfortunately I was dumb and got the game time wrong. After that his name slipped to the back of my mind what with exams coming up. That was until I happened to remember wanting to look him up. Via Wikipedia I found out his full name and that he was born in Connecticut but had been raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He was the son of former NHLer Carey Wilson and had been drafted 7th overall by the Nashville Predators in the 2008 NHL Draft. With the need for information about this majorly talented guy sated he once left my daily thoughts.

About a week later I realized I had no clue what he looked like and I went in search of a picture. All the ones I found though were action shots from the WJ’s and contained no different of a view than what I had while watching the game. After that I gave up and decided to check my Facebook. Under my news feed was an album featuring Nikita Filatov and pictures from the World Juniors. I scanned through the pictures and when I saw it I froze. It was HIM. Tagged and everything. This was even more of a wow moment. He was GORGEOUS! Through the tag I found his profile and decided to add him as a friend. When I awoke the next morning I had an alert. When I clicked on it I was pleasantly surprised to see an acceptance of friendship. I spent that morning just looking through his photos. If that boy isn’t photogenic I don’t know who is.




1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Good start, I can't wait to see where you go with this.

And I guess he's alrigtht. Haha.