Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hockey and Blessings(Tyler Kennedy)Prologue

Some say high school is the time that you can’t wait to be over. Others say that it’s an adventure. Now normally I’d agree with the first statement but this year…this year will be better than I could ever dream of. You see I wasn’t attending my senior year like normal. No, I was headed to another country. I was headed from a small town in southwestern Ohio of the United States to the even smaller town of Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario, Canada. Wonder why? I had gotten an internship as a medical assistant with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

As I arrived at the airport I was actually surprised to see a group of teenage boys waiting for me. I had been expecting one of the assistant coaches or even another member of the staff not half the team. Well I guess it’s not every day that you get a female intern form the states. Overall the group looked to be nice but I could tell there were a few that would get on my nerves. Readjusting my bag on my shoulder I smiled and walked toward the group. After introductions were made we left the airport and headed toward the apartment the team provided for me.

No comments: