Saturday, March 21, 2009

From the Brink of disaster to paradise(Eric Staal)-Day 35 A peek of the future



The wise hand opens slowly
To lilies of the valley and tomorrow(Held-Nathalie Grant)

I walk through the gardens everyday. It gives me a piece of mind. No matter how stressed or emotional I feel, it always relaxes me. Normally they are empty and I am left with my thoughts. Today, however, it was full of children from the cancer ward laughing and having fun. I couldn’t help but smile slightly hearing them. As I turned the corner I discovered the cause of the laughter. Today was one of the visits from the Carolina Hurricanes who came 2 or 3 times a year. I was sitting on my normal bench when one of the kids whose mom had just had a baby ran over. She pulled me to my feet and dragged me over to meet the man she had been talking to. She was jumping up and down as she introduced us. He was Eric Staal one of the star centers. We talked about crazy things while playing with the kids. It’s too bad I’ll never see him again.

No comments: