Saturday, July 5, 2008

I Miss You-Dear Colby,(Colby Armstrong)

Dear Colby,

This is how it all started. How two little words made my life fall to pieces. I was always a hockey fan. Ever since I was born it seems. Growing up in Pittsburgh, Mellon Arena was THE place to be on a Friday night. Even though I was there a lot I never met any of the players. Leave it to me to be the shy one. I always have been and I probably always will be. So you see when a school project came up in broadcasting class that we had to interview someone we admired I was shocked. I knew who I wanted to do but I didn’t know how to get the interview. I approached my teacher with my idea and he suggested I write Mr. Armstrong a letter.

So I did. Within a day I had a response saying he’d love to meet with me. We arranged to meet down town at a local coffee shop. I arrived early due to the roads being closed and knowing otherwise I’d run late. I chose a corner table and placed my stuff down to reserve it. I ordered a large cup of hot chocolate and a muffin and sat down to wait. As I took my last bite I heard the bell on the front door ringing. Glancing up I smiled…he came. Not that I didn’t expect him to but you never know what their schedule is like. He looked around nervously and I gave him a small wave.

He nodded and came to sit down. We exchanged pleasantries soon falling into a deep conversation.

No comments: