Saturday, July 5, 2008

Media or is it...player relations-Chapter 6(Jordan Staal)

Arrgg! I hate this time of year! Work sucks! Frustrated I threw my pen at the door.

“Oww…” I heard coming out as a yelp not a whine. “What did ya do that for?” I looked up to see Colby Armstrong rubbing his head.

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

“What’s wrong,” he asked. “You look tense.”

“Stupid reporters,” I sighed. “They can’t let me just do my job. They have to interfere.” He gave me a sympathetic smile.

“Yep they can be a pain.”

“So what did you need?” He handed me a note and slid out of the room. I opened the card. ‘I can’t believe I forgot my own birthday!’ It told me to go to where Jordan and I first met. Well I’m done for today anyway. Let’s go! I slid across the ice over to the benches. At first I saw nothing but then I noticed a note with a white rose attached. He is too much. It said:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
It’s your birthday
How about dinner for two?

I smiled. How did he know? I hadn’t told the guys about my love for Tillie’s but yet somehow I knew that was exactly where he’d take me. Practice had only ended 15mins. Ago therefore I knew I could find Jordan in the locker-room. Creeping into the room, I jumped. It was empty. There is no way they changed that quickly. Scanning the room again, I noticed a stray jersey lying on the floor of Jordan’s stall. (haha) Being a neat freak, I picked it up. A tiny box fell out. Now this was no normal box. It was a jewelry box. Shocked I looked at the jersey. The front looked normal but the back was a different story. The letters where the name should be spelled out MARRY ME? I burst into tears at those two little words. Before I could fall, Jordan caught me and looked at me with a question in his eyes. Not being able to speak I nodded. He caught me in a passionate kiss and gently slipped the ring onto my finger. This year has been amazing. Not only did I get my dream job but I got the guy too.

No comments: